Inspired by Flickr's "Project 365" and my friend Kathy, I will attempt to post one picture per day for a year starting August 1st 2007. Sometimes the pictures will be artistic, sometimes they will be things that were important to me on that day and other times they will just be pictures of things I thought were funny. I am sure a lot of poorly shot, poorly composed photos will be taken, but hopefully so will one or two great ones.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

#049 Quack


070918, originally uploaded by AXO - 365.

This is a duck that lives in our bathroom. When I first bought my digital camera, I ran home and tried to take a bunch of marco shots of the first object I could find, which happened to be this duck. I had no idea how depth of field or macro focus worked, I tried to zoom in tighter and tighter then added digital zoom and they all just looked like slightly fuzzy yellow blobs. Project 365 has finaly made me figure out what all those manual settings on my little camera do.

Oh and yes that is the same pink vinyl from yesterday's picture. T hasn't got round to sending yet, it makes a change from the usual dark wood table in the background of all my other close up shots.

1 comment:

kat said...

macro shots are great & i'm digging the pink backround