Inspired by Flickr's "Project 365" and my friend Kathy, I will attempt to post one picture per day for a year starting August 1st 2007. Sometimes the pictures will be artistic, sometimes they will be things that were important to me on that day and other times they will just be pictures of things I thought were funny. I am sure a lot of poorly shot, poorly composed photos will be taken, but hopefully so will one or two great ones.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

#225 Fire hydrant


225/365, originally uploaded by AXO - 365.

Something that first struck me when I moved to the states was fire hydrants.

We don't have them in England, so I'd only even seen them in the movies. Suddenly there they were, they really are on almost every street corner, dogs really do pee on them and you really do get parking tickets it you park in front of them (about the only parking ticket I've never recieved).

About a week ago someone put this Jack in the Box coke cup on the top of it at a jaunty angle, if you squint a bit it looks like a little man with a small head in a tall hat. Or at least it did at 9:30pm last night when I was walking home and realized I needed a picture.

No comments: